Wimbledon earned their first win in National Two South as they narrowly beat Old Redcliffians at Scotland Lane.

The Dons were promoted to this level for the first time in May and after losing their first 14 games of the campaign, they have now broken their duck in this division against a side also in the drop zone.

Staying in the bottom half of the table, Matt McLean delivered a superb display as Worthing Raiders beat Barnstaple and Tonbridge Juddians stunned Taunton Titians.

At the right end of National Two South, unbeaten league leaders Chinnor thrashed Canterbury, Cinderford saw off Bury St Edmiunds and Redingensians moved up to third while Henley Hawks continued their impressive recent run and Redruth beat Broadstreet.

Chinnor 41-7 Canterbury

Chinnor took advantage of a much changed Canterbury side to ease to a bonus-point win at Kingsey Road.

The injury hit City Men were forced into multiple changes, but they were second best against the unbeaten leaders who scored 29 points in the first half as Bertie Hopkin, Mike McDonald and Tom Price and Henry Lamont (2) all ran in tries.

Lamont completed his hat-trick after Sam Kenny had touched down for the visitors and despite an improved second half display from Canterbury, Jonny Bentley added a late try to wrap up the win.

Cinderford 45-29 Bury St Edmunds

Cinderford remain a point behind league leaders Chinnor after they secured their ninth straight victory in an entertaining encounter against Bury St Edmunds.

Alex Frame, Ed Bogue, Joe Smart and George Evans all crossed in the first period for the hosts to give them a 28-5 lead at half-time, with Matt Harrison replying for Bury.

Dwayne Corcoran began the scoring after the restart as Bury went over for their second score of the afternoon.

But, tries from Frame, Evans and Bogue ensured the victory for Paul Morris’ side while Bury battled to a bonus-point of their own as Luke Beales, Corcoran and Matt Edison all went over.

Redingensians 43-16 Clifton

Redingensians ran in seven tries to move up to third in the National Two South table following victory over Clifton.

The visitors led through Ian Clark’s early try, but the Rams raced ahead thanks to Oli Cole, Jordan Souter and Tom Vooght before the break.

A second try of the afternoon soon after half-time brought Clifton to within three points of their hosts, but that was as good as it got for the Lavender and Blacks.

Josh Sunley bagged the bonus-point score before a penalty try and scores from Vooght and James Baker sealed the Rams’ ninth victory from their last 10 matches.

Tonbridge Juddians 26-20 Taunton Titans

Tonbridge Juddians scored a last-gasp try to snatch a dramatic win against Taunton Titans.

Finlay Coxon-Smith opened the scoring for the home side, but a Lewis Webb try ensured the Titans led 10-7 at the break.

Taunton were 15-7 up after a score from Sam Brown before TJs’ Reid Alexander and George Lawson rumbled over to put them ahead.

Aron Struminski’s effort looked to have won it for Taunton, but Ryan Jackson crossed in the corner to condemn the Titans to defeat.

London Irish Wild Geese 17-24 Henley Hawks

Henley Hawks continued their fine form to move up to fifth in the table after securing a bonus-point win over London Irish Wild Geese.

No.8 Marcus Lowe and centre Simon Perry (2) touched down in the first half for the Hawks with Tom Haynes adding a further score.

London Irish Wild Geese back George Owen as well as Reon Joseph went over for the hosts.

Broadstreet 11-21 Redruth

Broadstreet’s possible survival chances were dented as a battling Redruth performance enabled the Reds to clinch a hard-fought win in the Midlands.

The hosts were just one point behind at half-time as Cliffie Hodgson’s two penalty kicks were cancelled out by a converted score from Shaun Buzza.

Jack Simmons’ try on 67 minutes extended the visitors’ advantage and despite Tom Walker’s effort which reduced Redruth’s lead to just three points, Dean Bonds crossed to seal the win.

Worthing Raiders 36-29 Barnstaple

Worthing Raiders secured their fourth win from their last five matches as they beat Barnstaple at Roundstone Lane.

After Jide Ajayi’s try cancelled out Luke Berry’s early score, the home side made the game level at the breaks thanks to a penalty from the boot of Matt McLean.

McLean crossed shortly after the interval to put Worthing ahead, but Jordan Petherbridge’s effort kept Barnstaple in touch.

However, McLean completed his hat-trick and a score from David Mcllwaine put the Raiders 36-15 ahead.

Barum did hit back to secure two bonus-points thanks to two tries in six minutes from Berry and Winston James, but the Raiders held on for the win.

Old Redcliffians 28-29 Wimbledon

Wimbledon clinched their first win of the season as they narrowly beat relegation rivals Old Redcliffians at Scotland Lane.

The Dons had lost all 14 of their matches prior to their visit to Bristol, but the division’s bottom club ended their drought by running in four tries.

Old Reds also scored on four occasions, but after an upturn in form, this defeat to the Dons would have been frustrating.

The win for Wimbledon now leaves them 17 points adrift of safety while Old Redcliffians sit nine points away from 13th placed Clifton.